REACH compliance reviews and audits
- REACH is a complex European regulation for which compliance is compulsory.
- Competent authority bodies perform REACH audits to review administrative processes within EU companies.
- REACH demands continuous, company-wide integrated compliance.
REACH compliance is both regulatory-driven and, increasingly, market-driven!
Essential issues for successful REACH compliance include:
- Implementation of a REACH compliance plan;
- Alignment of organisational structures and business processes (e.g., finance, purchasing, IT, R&D, plants, EHS) with REACH;
- Administration of internal processes such as role(s), legal obligations, chemicals portfolio (incl. C&L and registration numbers), eSDS process and supply chain communication;
- Structured reviews and strong change management for continuous improvement;
- Monitoring of ongoing developments and changes (e.g., guidance documents or new SVHC);
- Readiness for inspection(s) and to demonstrate appropriate due diligence.
Compliance to compete!
An independent review of your REACH compliance programme and internal processes may highlight gaps that enable recommendations for improvements. The focus of such a review includes:
- REACH obligations and the expectations of inspectors;
- Substance inventory with registration IDs, C&L and registration obligations;
- Efficiency of current purchasing processes (including customs);
- The management of (extended) SDSs and in-house implementation;
- Supply-chain communication;
- The practical implications of REACH in the company/plant;
- Downstream user / supply chain communication;
- Internal communication and training of personnel regarding REACH;
- Current IT tools to facilitate the aforementioned processes.